Tuesday, January 4

Happy New Year 2005

Last year I posted fifteen blog posts. Fifteen posts per year was much less than I hoped I would post when I started this blog. So my blogging new years resolution is to post at least once a week. There should be fifty two new posts here by the end of the year.

I think this is attainable because I have changed the way I think about this blog. When I started I planned to write stuff the world, or at least a couple hundred people(what's the difference really), would read. Now I'm pretty sure absolutely no one reads this. So it's actually rather private (in a public sort of way). When I first started reading and writing blogs I thought there were very few blogs so I thought my blog would constitute a non-trivial part of blogdom. But there are a billions of inane, narcissistic blogs out there. So now pseudologic will be just one more of trite blog lost in the sea of trite blogs.

This change of perspective is good because it allows me to be as useless and conceited as I was before, but only more so, specifically more frequently.

The upshot of all this is I will be practicing writing in a "public" place more often. And really, that is the reason I started this blog in the first place.

I also plan to write quicker and revise less. Some of my previous posts took a couple of hours to write. I now plan to write and publish the majority of my posts in less than half an hour.

So, dear reader, your part in all this, if you exist, is to expect a drop in quality equivalent to the increase in frequency.

Uh-oh! I think I just commited to posting more frequently once again.

No comments: